Operating in 21 countries (including 12 in Europe), TerraCycle is a world leader in the recycling of generally non-recyclable waste, such as pens, snack wrappers, baby food pouches beauty product packaging, home care product packaging and even the likes of cigarette butts or marine plastics. We create collection and recycling solutions systems for anything that would otherwise be sent to incineration or landfill. We are partnered with some of the most recognizable brands and retailers in the world, including BIC, L’Oréal, Procter & Gamble and JDE amongst others.
The main responsibilities for this role are to coordinate and support new and ongoing team projects. The initial focus for the first months will be on two innovative Diaper pilot projects. Based on the learnings and results of these pilots, the workload on that particular project might vary which will shift the focus of this position at different points through the year to other projects such as the beach plastic supply chain.
The 2 ground-breaking pilot programmes will launch in September in collaboration with a leading diaper brand company in order to collect and recycle diapers in the city of Amsterdam:
- A collection programme where TerraCycle will install and service 10-15 smart collection bins (with the help of third-party partners) in different locations of the city for users to drop off their used diapers
- A Direct-To-Consumer (DTC) model with a selection of families, where TerraCycle will manage a website to collect subscriptions orders and liaise with third-party partners to ensure regular delivery of new diapers, and pick up used diapers, to users directly to and from their homes
The position is based in Perivale, West London and will be reporting to the Head of Material Sales and Solutions in Europe and work closely with the project team based in Europe and in TerraCycle’s headquarters in Trenton, NJ.
- For the diaper pilot: source, on-board and manage vendors such as bin manufacturer, collection and logistics partners, distribution partners, website, etc.
- Create and manage tools to keep track of budget and timelines
- Act as the liaison between external brand partner and external vendors to manage deliverables
- Coordinate meetings and work with internal departments to manage deliverables and secure internal resource when necessary
- Creation and management of a Shopify e-commerce platform for the DTC collection model
- Manage a Project coordinator who will be based in Amsterdam and responsible for the smooth operations of the pilot (maintenance of the Bins, Customer Service, liaison with vendors)
- Brand management: Coordinate calls with the client, prepare presentations and analysis of program results, and make recommendations
- Ensure consistency, quality and timeliness of deliverables
- Manage programme contracts, budgets, and monthly invoicing procedures
Beach Plastic Collection Project:
- Sourcing materials and solutions to achieve project objectives. For example; sourcing large volumes of marine plastics from commercial sources, e.g. municipal waste contract, harbours, power stations etc
- Work with the internal R&D and Material Sales teams to understand our scientific/processing capabilities and relay information coherently to the key stakeholders
- On-board and manage third party vendors to perform work on material that we supply. This may include manual sortation, mechanical separation, grinding, pelletisation, compounding, etc
- Act as the liaison between external brand partners and external vendors to manage deliverables
- Develop and manage budgets for collection and processing stages of each project in each market
- Develop and track inventory of raw materials and processed materials for each project in each market
- Identify and execute opportunities to streamline processes and increase efficiency along the supply chain
Support the Brand Partnership team, Operations team and other EU teams with a variety of European projects:
- Coordinate overall tasks for the success of the project, ensuring projects are planned and delivered to achieve outcomes.
- Projects can include setting up new collection model for city collection, working on a production process for an upcycled or recycled product, etc.
Qualifications and Skills
- 1-3 years of relevant experience (project management, account management, etc.)
- Strong project management, client facing and relationship building skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and have a strong attention to detail with an organised and logical approach to challenges
- Good communication skills and ability to resolve problems with confidence, using all available resources to achieve the best outcome
- Fluent English with excellent communication skills (both spoken and written).
- Dutch or French language is highly desirable
- Excellent organisational skills, flexible and pragmatic.
- Enthusiastic team player with a positive attitude.
- Strong IT skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Apps, etc. Knowledge of Shopify is a plus.
- Technical background, with knowledge of plastics, polymers, or recycling supply chains is a plus.
- A demonstrated interest in sustainable/green business.
- Salary: depending on experience
- 25 Paid Holiday Days
- Company Pension contribution up to 3% of salary
Job Type: Full-time
Please send a thoughtful cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org